Windows VU Meter is a standalone application that mimics an old stereo's VU or audio level meters. Designed for Microsoft ® Windows Vista ® and up (even tested on Windows 7 ®), the program has no intervening toolbars or window frames to allow the program to allow a clean interface and make it easy to overlay on top of a program you're using. Features of the program include:
- For Microsoft ® Windows Vista ®, and after testing, works with Windows 7 ® as well.
- Clean interface that includes no toolbars or window dressings
- Ability to select response time of VU Meter, selectable of 150ms or default 300ms. Response time is the amount of time it takes the needles to make a full swing of the gauge.
- User selectable interface component coloring. Program saves and remembers settings the next time it's run.
- Option setting to allow always-on setting, allowing the program to be laid over another program that you're monitoring the audio levels for. An example image.
- User option to alter the maximum value of the VU Meter. This is handy for videos or music that were recorded at a lower value. The above example image is an example of this too.
- All program options and commands are handled by right-clicking the interface.
Example images of the program running.
Default state and coloring:
User selected colors:
If you're ready to try out this program, hit the Install button below to go to the Install page. If you find this program useful, or have suggestions/criticisms, please use the project's forums to give feedback.